The traditional Muslim marriage ritual is called a nikah in Arabic, is simple and brief. It generally follows these steps:
1. At the wedding, which can take place at your preferred venue, the bride and groom are separated in different rooms. They may or may not be able to see each other, depending on how conservative the families are.
2. Weddings are traditionally held by an Imam and followers with all the family present.
3. The Imam would ask the groom about his love for the bride.
4. The dowry is then presented and a written note is made of it with those present signing it as witnesses. The dowry negotiations should be agreed by both parties before wedding day.
5. Everyone has to then agree on the religious right and verses from the Holy Koran. This is then read to the groom and he has to repeat it to the Imam while his hand is held and the other hand on the Koran.
6. Then Imam asks the bride-to-be if she consent to the marriage and if they are marrying of their own free will (a representative called a wali answers the Imam's questions on the bride's behalf).
7. Bride’s father then escort bride from another room to meet with groom in the wedding venue.
8. The wedding papers are then signed. Please note that this is not legal marriage.
9. The Imam brings the couple together and pronounce them husband and wife.
This completes the traditional procedures of a Muslim Wedding. Congratulation and Celebration!
Arranging the celebration for Muslim, the most important element is Halal food.
According to Islamic law that food items, meat products, food contact materials and kitchen must be never ever cooked any pork or lard products.Traditionally after wedding ceremony, wedding host should offer the food to Imam and the followers as merit and believe in prosperity for bride and groom.
BLISS events & wedding is able to arrange the Halal food including container, plate, cutlery and glassware in ensuring the proper Halal meal.
Our professional consultant knows how to organize your important event, for more information please click here and receive full details and pricing.