Legal Marriage In Thailand
Rather than registering your marriage first, or going through the lengthy process yourselves, you can trust our convenient legal marriage service. BLISS events & wedding will complete the official process for you and provide you with a legal marriage for foreigners in Thailand. This will leave you hassle free to enjoy your journey in Thailand and most importantly, your wedding ceremony.
All that’s required is :-
- Your passports, photocopies of the front page of your passports
- Passport style photographs.
- Affirmation of Freedom to marry from embassy.
- BLISS event & wedding will inform you of any additional requirements as per individual embassies; such as previous divorce papers, and individual embassy fees. Please contact us for more details.
You will be met at your respective embassy by the BLISS Legal Representative who will guide you through the process of signing the necessary paperwork. You will have to leave your passports at the embassy for collection later that day (or in some cases, the following morning). After that you’re free to continue with your exploration in Thailand.
Our legal representative will have the documents translated at an authorized bureau and then take them to the Ministry of Foreign Affairs for processing and endorsement. This will take approximately two days and then the documents will be urgently couriered to our office on Koh Samui.
Upon receiving the important documents, BLISS events & wedding will then meet with the Koh Samui City Council, where your paperwork will be further endorsed. We then escort for the Registrar to be presented at your wedding ceremony with your marriage certificate all ready to be signed.
BLISS events & wedding can also have your wedding certificate translated into English after wedding day and sent onto you at a later date if your visit to Samui is a short one. If you wish to take advantage of this service, you will need to be in Bangkok at least 7 working days prior to your ceremony date in Koh Samui.
We will need the following information from you in order to arrange the legal service:
- 1) Your nationalities, a copy of passport and if either of you has been married before.
- 2) Your date and arrival time in Bangkok (in case you can do the embassy visit the same day, we will check the embassy hours).
- 3) The hotel you’re staying at in Bangkok, with a contact number if possible.
- 4) The date you travel to Samui.
- 5) The proposed date of the wedding on Koh Samui.
Our professional wedding consultant knows how to organize the flawless legal marriage service in Koh Samui, please click here to receive more information and service fee.